Thursday 8 September 2011

Email ID of Principal of Dental Sciences institute hacked

PTI | 10:08 PM,Aug 03,2011
New Delhi, Aug 3 (PTI) The email ID of the Principal of Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences has been hacked for the second time.The hacker posing as the Principal, Dr Mahesh Verma, also sent an email to his contacts from his email id -- directorprincipalmaids@hotmail.com -- informing them about the "condition of his ill cousin and requesting for monetary help as he was in a foreign land." "I came to know that my email account has been hacked when my contacts called up to ask if I was in India or in London and what had happened to my cousin and how much money I needed. "Even today one of my contacts in another country called me to ask me about my whereabouts," Verma, Director-Principal, Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences said.Nearly 3,000 contacts have been sent the mail for monetary help, he said.Verma is upset over the fact that this is the second time in a row that such an episode has occurred. "One and half year ago my email account was hacked," he said. Following the episode, Verma immediately sent a mail to all his contacts from another email ID --dpmaids@gmail.com -- asking them to ignore the previous mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment